SubscribeBlog Snip

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jonathan Livingston Seagull

The Flight


Among the other feathered wings still unruffled Jonathan soared and dove. What can I really teach this one so young?
Can I lend him my thoughts, my insights with the emptying of my mind? Would I let him into my world
or words that seem all to be meaningless.
So I watched as he does what he loved
and still loves doing so much, him knowing not
what and how much this world has to offer.
He ran around chasing the arcing and flying sphere.
I sit still, yet, all the while
I am just beside him: move for move, spike , lift, volley and dive.
How he went rocketing to the unattainable limit
he imposed for himself.
He fought and conquered the impossible net 
that thwart all that come so close
How long can I retain this image in the memory of my eyes
this vision of blue and white
blurred by this fast paced life?
In my heart I, now, have this photograph
Engraved forever


Univ. of Baguio 5:00 pm - 8:00pm
Rumours 10:00 pm
Amistad 9:00 am
May 12 - 13, 2008

Bienne d’Assousy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home